Blohm & Voss BV 141
Richard Vogt, a German engineer, designed the BV 141. Blohm & Voss manufactured it. The German Air Ministry operated this reconnaissance aircraft during World War II. The BV 141’s asymmetrical structure distinguishes it from most aircraft.
The BV 141 flew in 1938. With a crew of three, the aircraft maxed its speed at 229 mph at sea level and 272 mph at 5,000 metres above sea level.
Surprisingly, the BV 141 spread its weight very well in flight which benefitted overall handling.
The German Air Ministry ordered 500 of these aircraft, before cancelling the order shortly after.
No BV 141 aircraft exist today.